Animation Storytelling Bootcamp (6th - 12th Grades)
Week 1 (6/21 - 6/24) No Camp on Monday due to Juneteenth Holiday
Have you ever wondered what goes into telling a story in the world of animation? this course will offer insights/experience on how effectively tell a cohesive story from start to finish. will focus on creating/writing/ pitching ideas, visually telling your story through vision boards, media, and illustrations, and receiving critique/feedback.
• Understand how the American animation production pipeline works, and understand things needed to get a story green-lit by a studio
• know proper practices for writing and pitching your story to a studio professionally.
• learn how to create effective vision/beat boards to use as visual during your pitches
• understand the different positions that can be held by an animator/artist in the production pipeline of animation storytelling
• Will complete a project in which they must create, write, and pitch a story and will create a “pitch bible” in a week
Instructor: Ms. Sydney Schaeffer - Artist, Education: University of the Arts BA Animation, 2020 Delaware College of Art & Design AA Animation, 2018 University of Delaware Associate of the Arts, 2016